THE 5TH BORNEO INTERNATIONAL KITE FESTIVAL 2009
THE 5TH BORNEO INTERNATIONAL KITE FESTIVAL 2009 IS BACK AGAIN!
Keep 2nd and 9th August in your diary as the time when you must be in Bintulu, Sarawak to see some of the most colourful, intriguing and strange looking kites from around the world.
This annual event that started in 2005 has ranked as the most spectacular event of its kind in the state and together with the cultural and artiste performances, it showcases the rich combination of local and international flavours for all to experience and enjoy.
Come and see the national kite competition as well as the traditional kite-making event while children will get the chance to colour their way to prizes in the colouring contest.
Stunt kites performances will be conducted by international participants as well as many distinct and creative kites will be on display.
The ‘Rokaku’ challenge will also be held amidst the Bintulu Trade and Food fair at the same venue which is right in the middle of the town.
This is one event where age knows no bound as young and old alike will be mesmerised by the shows on display.
Events of Interest
- National Kite Competition
- Traditional Kite Making Competition
- Colouring Contest for Children
- Cultural Night Performance
- ‘Rokaku’ Challenge
- Kites Workshop for Members of Public/ Secondary School Children
- Stunt Kites Performance by International Participants
- Display of Creative Kites by International Participants
- Bintulu Trade and Food Fair
For further information, please contact:-
Secretariat The 5th Borneo International Kite Festival 2009
Bintulu Development Authority (BDA)
Wisma Bintulu, No.1, Tanjung Kidurong Road,
P.O.Box 55, 97007 Bintulu, Sarawak
- Mohd Ansari Mohd Syed Ahmad (BDA)
Tel: (6) 086 314680/ 332277 Fax: (6) 086 330099
- Annuar Abdul Ghani (PBT Pasir Gudang Johor)
Tel: (6) 07 2513720/ 21/ 22 Fax: (6) 07 2515260